Saturday, November 10, 2012

making progress!

So the last two weeks, Copper has had two "lessons" with Landis Lutton. and let me tell you, it has helped A LOT. Just two times of her riding him, he's understanding SO much better.. Usually I lunge him before I ride, but tonight I forgot my lunge line, so I just jumped on him -- although he'd already been ridden by Landi this morning, So i'm sure that helped a lot. 

He had a tough time trotting to the right tonight, but I can't tell if he's just being lazy, or what. This morning he'd trot and canter to the right with Landi, but tonight when I was trying to trot him he'd try going to the left. We got past that a few times, and I made him go to the right a lot, but it's still frustrating. 

He can stop almost on a dime now as long as I sit deep -- I'm learning to sit deeper in my seat, since I have a terrible habit of leaning forward. tonight I did really good on sitting deep. 

Anyways that last few nights have been excellent rides! and tonight i felt the most comfortable with him than I have ever had. He was a little butt sometimes, but other than that he was awesome (: 

After almost 10 months of having him, I finally feel like we're making progress and getting somewhere good (:

No comments:

Post a Comment