Monday, September 10, 2012

A little frustration

Well today was one day where I was hoping we could ride a little longer than usual, but tonight I didn't even hop on him. Copper has these days (well all horses do, just like people) where he doesn't want to do anything.. Which is a total frustration for me. The only thing he actually did today is put the bit in without any fight at all(which is awesome!), and lunge to the left. For some reason he thinks he doesn't have to go to the right at all, and acts like he's going to rear up at me, and constantly pin his ears back towards me. He had MANY "time-outs" tonight, well they were more breather breaks for me than actual "time-outs" for him. haha! but anyways, I knew the more frustration that I were to throw out towards him, the less he'd want to do, even though he didn't want to do anything already. We were ALL over the field tonight, trying to lunge to the right. We went from starting in the far end, to ending up by the gate headed into the barn pasture. I got him to walk a few actual full circles, but it was a constant fight. Finally he did about 5 full circles, and I decided to end there. I'd rather end on a good note than a bad one. Afterwards when I was unsaddling him, he decided he was still going to pin his ears back at me :P 


This morning, I was on a facebook horse page, and it asked the question "What was the best horse advice you've ever been given"------ The best advice that helped me tonight, isn't exactly "horse advice" it's more of "everyday life advice" is whenever you feel frustrated, just stop what you're doing and take some deep breaths. It really does help, and even though tonight the frustration continued until the end, I took MANY deep breaths in order to make sure my frustration wasn't rubbing off on to Copper.. 

--Anyways, Just a little write up from today. I know it isn't much, but just felt like I needed to write something :) Thanks for listening, everyone! :) And here's a video from him taking the bit tonight! 




CIS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment